You’ve done your research, evaluated all the options, and selected the program that is just right for your kids, but there is that small voice of doubt that says, “Is this the right choice? Will my kids be safe and do well?”
We at Tips on Trips and Camps know your choices for this summer are important for you and your family, so we’ve gathered together our best tips to help quiet that voice.
- Camps this summer will be adhering to the CDC guidelines along with ACA protocols. A handful of camps ran successfully in 2020 and offered other programs a blueprint for success. Rest assured, summer camps and summer trips want your child as safe as you do and will do everything within their power to make that happen.
- Go to the website of the camp or teen program you selected and search for their Covid protocols. If you are still unclear or concerned, call the camp with specific questions. They will be happy to discuss it with you. You want to be comfortable with what you learn so that you can send your kids off with confidence and reassure them if they are anxious.
- Follow the packing list supplied by the program. It will specify how many masks they require and how much hand sanitizer to send. Make sure the masks you send are ones your child likes and is comfortable wearing.
- Remind your child that the counselors or leaders are there to help them and if they have concerns, problems, or questions, to speak to one of them.
- Assure your child that while camp may be a bit different than in the past, you know it will be every bit as much fun.
Whether this is your child’s first summer away from home or they are summer program veterans, we hope you can confidently send them off this summer. It is time to unplug, make new friends and thrive!