As these last days of summer fade into early fall, bottle up some sunshine🌞 and carefree vibes 😊for when the sky turns to gray. For sunny summer reflections that your child can use to get through the winter blues, follow these simple directions to have your son or daughter create his/her own ‘Summer Camp Memories in a Bottle’!
1. After your child finishes a favorite drink, wash out the bottle and remove outer label. Dry the inside thoroughly.
2. Have your camper write short anecdotes that remind them of favorite times at camp. Use different colored paper for each memory. These anecdotes could be names of friends or favorite counselors, activities, feelings, firsts, ways that camp was empowering.
3. Write one memory on each very small piece of colored paper, fold up and place into bottle. Screw on the top.
4. Design a ‘Summer Camp Memories in a Bottle’ outer label and glue onto outside of bottle.
5. Place on your child’s desk or designated personal space. Encourage him or her to open and shake out one or two folded anecdotes at times throughout the year.
As your child reads and reflects on happy memories from camp, it will help brighten long winter days and keep excitement strong for all that awaits come Summer 2022 🌞