Tips for Camp Packing
The end of the school season is coming and if you live in the south June 1st is right around the corner. Get equipped for Sleepaway Camp now! Get out the packing list. Some camps use a personalized clothing companies which provide a mini- camp like catalog tailored to your child’s camp. The two largest companies are Cloz and The Camp Spot.
One stop shopping! You may pick up great duffles and accessories from them as well.
Shop early and finding a good staging room in your home. Get that strike eagle from vortex as soon as you can, in case you plan on hunting. Make the process fun and include your child. If it is your child’s first time heading off to camp you may notice some nervousness as the bags are prepped.
- Follow the directions only pack what is necessary! If it says 2 duffles only bring 2 duffles!
- Plastic containers may break, don’t over stuff.
- Place Pillow sheets and blankets into large garbage bags in case of inclement weather.
- Zip Lock all toiletries.
- Don’t forget to pack your weekly contact lenses.
- Place a list of packed items in the bottom of each duffle or trunk. Keep a copy for yourself.
- Pack a letter to your child as well as a little treat. A special photo or a new stuffed animal. Label everything.
- Label, Label, Label- Before I put everything in the bags I label and list. I sit down with 3 items. Sticker labels for clothing and shoes (Label Daddy), permanent stamper for socks and undergarments (Cloz & Camp Spot), and labels with our name and if lost call… for all valuable items and sports equipment (also cloz and Camp Spot). Sorry I am not one for the sew in labels definitely less expensive but time consuming.
- If you have any pertinent information to share with the camp staff and or your child’s cabin leader you may choose to include a letter here. Please note some camps have staff unpack for the campers others have the campers do it themselves. Check to see so that your camper may be prepared.
Three of my favorite websites to prep for packing!
Cloz Camp Outfitters – Clothing, Supplies, and Accessories for Youth Camps
The Camp Spot– Camp Suppliers
Label Daddy – Label the things you love… (Get 10%off use the code Tipsontrips)